Not my story, but my friend posted this on facebook.
* Customer: "I just received an Onyx yesterday, and I tried to set it up today and it doesn't work."
* Tech Support: "It just doesn't boot up?"
* Customer: "It doesn't even turn on. I see nothing on the screen, and the fan doesn't even turn on in the back of the system."
* Tech Support: "Is the monitor functioning? Is there a little green light in the lower right corner of the monitor?"
* Customer: "Yes, there is."
* Tech Support: "Ok, is the computer plugged in?"
* Customer: (irritated) "Look, I think I know how to set up a system. I'm a college graduate, you know."
* Tech Support: "Ok, let me finish typing up this report, and I'll send it off. You will get a reply within one business day."
* Customer: (exasperated) "Thank you. Geez, I mean I paid a huge amount of money for this computer. The least you people can do it make sure it works before sending it to me!"
* Customer: "I mean, to add to the poor quality control, you even sent me one extra power cord."
* Tech Support: "One extra cord?"
* Customer: "Yes, it looks just the one I used to plug in the monitor and computer, but that's all you sent to me. I have no use for this other one."
* Tech Support: "Sir, can you double check the serial number on the back of your computer?"
* Customer: "On the back of the computer?"
* Tech Support: "Yes, sir."
* Customer: (sigh) "All right, all right, hold on..."
* Tech Support: "Thank you, sir. Oh, by the way, can you check to see if the computer is plugged in?"