<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
Username: Scorpion
Faction: Alliance Alliance
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Fixed the Driver. Got it working properly and stuff now. I have the newest Nvidia GeForce installed. Grpahics are SIICK now. Can't wait to see you all in-game now! oh, Jbblaze, where can I make an account or can you make one for me on the account creator in the files?

Last edited by Kalopae on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Driver!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/portharian
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
Username: Head GM Stianso
Faction: Horde Horde
Class: Paladin Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Nvidia Drivers?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah. Nvidia Video Card and Wixx (power thingy)
Back to top Go down
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Oh, well I'm not sure then. Maybe you need a new one, or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:58 pm

I asked my step-dad since he the geek Very Happy what was wrong with it He said its my Video Card. Even though it's hooked up, we have it in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
Jb Blaze
Owner! :)

Character
Username: Jbblaze
Class: Mage Mage
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:25 am

That could be a problem. But usually Display drivers are internal, as in the computer errors. Just make sure all your drivers are up to date. Does the error come up when starting wow? If so, it may be the Client cache. Delete the WTF folder and try again. Hope it helped! Smile

The hours here are the hours spent on World of Blaze by the way Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldofblaze.forumotions.net
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:11 pm

It's my video card. Everything is up to date but we have it hooked up wrong. We're going to fix it today.

--When I start WoW it says 'Failed to find suitable display device. Exiting Program.'
Back to top Go down
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Tomorrow (Friday), my step-dad and I are going to fix my computer and get the Motherboard to recognize my Video Card properly. So, hopefully when we accomplish it, I will finally be in-game on WoWBlaze.
Back to top Go down
Jb Blaze

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 pm

sounds good Smile

Back to top Go down
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:23 pm

After I eat some Halibut, my step dad and me are going to fix my video card.

---If you don't know what Halibut is, here's a picture of one.

Back to top Go down
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:40 am

Alaskans... White people don't have much room to say anything, all we do is create stereotypes about (Black, Native Americans, Mexicans, and Asians.) And 75% of white people are obese, and are just horrible... I'm just glad I'm not obese.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb Blaze

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:23 am

bahaha its true.

I would love to live in alaska. Maybe not for a long time- like a vacation or something. Seems like funnnnnnn Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:51 am

Yeah, I used to live in Michigan, but I highly doubt its even as close as cold as Alaska.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 am

It's starting to get cold. And I fixed my drivr but then now my computer won't boot up... WTF!!!!
Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
Class: Warrior Warrior
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 am

Kalopae wrote:
It's starting to get cold. And I fixed my drivr but then now my computer won't boot up... WTF!!!!

Well this seems odd, I've been dealing with computers for a very long time, and I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

You fixed the Drivers, but now it wont boot?

Firstly, what's the Model of the Nvidia card?

What OS are you trying to run it on?

These are some crucial things that could easily be fixed if the issues haven't been resolved yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

1) Since I had to re-install my video card from Nvidia.com , when I restarted my computer, it worked the first time, but then restarted it again but then blacks out when it reaches the logon screen. It's the booting that not working.
2) Nvidia GeForce 7300
3) Windows Home Edition
4) Step-dad is computer geek and since he fly's UH-60 Blackhawk. Going to take it to Geekcity this weekend to see if they can fix it and if not, I'm going to get a new computer for christmas which is around the corner. It has GeForce 7300 with Cuda. Some other stuff.
Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Captain 'Soap' McTavish wrote:
1) Since I had to re-install my video card from Nvidia.com , when I restarted my computer, it worked the first time, but then restarted it again but then blacks out when it reaches the logon screen. It's the booting that not working.
2) Nvidia GeForce 7300
3) Windows Home Edition
4) Step-dad is computer geek and since he fly's UH-60 Blackhawk. Going to take it to Geekcity this weekend to see if they can fix it and if not, I'm going to get a new computer for christmas which is around the corner. It has GeForce 7300 with Cuda. Some other stuff.

The 7300 is a very outdated card, I had a 7800GTX that burnt out on me.

Now I'm using a GTX 460.

Sense it appears your certain your Step-dad can fix it, I wont bother to offer help with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:22 am

Here's my new Xfire profile, scroll to the bottom for a good example of a Gaming Rig.
http://www.xfire.com/profile/stianso81

Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am

I'm going to just get a new computer for Christmas. That will be easier. But, if you can help because we ran out of solutions, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Captain 'Soap' McTavish wrote:
I'm going to just get a new computer for Christmas. That will be easier. But, if you can help because we ran out of solutions, that would be great.

First things first, I need some information.

What OS are you using?

What are the system specs?

Sometimes you have to go into the Bios to make sure the card is working properly. I also need to know exactly whats going on with the card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:20 pm

I am running Windows Home Edition
(Don't know a clue what specs is)
Since I downloaded the driver again because my computer couldn't recognizre it. After I had to restart it, the computer worked fine. When I had shut it off to go to bed and I turned it on the following morning, after it all booted up, the screen flickered twice and then blacked out. I tried switching to the motherboard but it kept doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 pm

The screen flickering and the monitor going black is normal. It's the drivers adjusting your monitors settings. If it goes black for an extended period of time, say a minute, then something is wrong. The onboard (motherboard) generally wont work with the Drivers installed because that's no longer the default display device. You'd have to uninstall the drivers or switch it back in the BIOS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 pm

IceCold wrote:
The screen flickering and the monitor going black is normal. It's the drivers adjusting your monitors settings. If it goes black for an extended period of time, say a minute, then something is wrong. The onboard (motherboard) generally wont work with the Drivers installed because that's no longer the default display device. You'd have to uninstall the drivers or switch it back in the BIOS.
How do I un-install it? I swicthed the display to the motherboard but it does the same thing. The screen been black for 2 weeks now. Now, about un-installing... How in the nine hells do I do that?
Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Scorpion wrote:
IceCold wrote:
How do I un-install it? I swicthed the display to the motherboard but it does the same thing. The screen been black for 2 weeks now. Now, about un-installing... How in the nine hells do I do that?

Firstly you'd have to get into the computer to remove the current Drivers.

Are you sure the Card is plugged into the correct port on your Motherboard? Are you sure that your motherboard can support the card? Are you sure that the correct settings are set in the BIOS for the card?

If all these things still don't seem to work, ask your Step-Dad to remove the battery on your Motherboard while the computer is UNPLUGGED for about 5-10 minutes, then put it back in and power it on. This will reset the BIOS. He should know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 pm

When he gets home, I will ask him t do that. If that works... I will seriously open a can of whoopa** and go to school and yell "OH MY GOD"! loud as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failed to Find suitable Display Device   

Back to top Go down

Failed to Find suitable Display Device
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next