Classic WoW- Like never before.

HomeThe portalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inDownload

Share | 

Some new things/ideas...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like a Ventrilo Server for World of Blaze?
Yes
100%
 100% [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe (Please Specify)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
Faction: Alliance Alliance
Class: Warrior Warrior
PostSubject: Some new things/ideas...   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 pm

What's up everyone, as stated I said I'd be trying to help out a bit around here and toss my suggestions into the mix.

Firstly, would you folks like a Ventrilo Server? Seeing as to the one Stianso was hosting is down, and that I'll be needing one for my Retail Guild during our 10manHM Progression in Cata, I've been debating getting one before I'll need one for this purpose. I could easily get one, and leave it open to the site for the time being, until you guys can get your own, or keep this one and pay for it via Donations. It's really up to you all.

Warrior

Class wise, there are somethings I can say differently, more so Warriors as I've been playing one for a long time.

Sinister Strike: I don't feel this is necessary as we already have Heroic Strike. Instead, I'd make it to where it generates combo points and include Eviscerate with it.

Slice and Dice: Haste usually isn't to friendly when it comes to an Arms Warrior, but for Fury I imagine this would work out quite nicely and seems like a noble addition.

Backstab: Well I'm not entirely sure I would've given this to Warriors, considering our only Stuns are either from Charge/Intercept or Concussion Blow. Thus making it pretty much useless.

One thing that would make the Warrior class a lot better in my opinion would be giving them Stealth and Ambush. Then again this may be extremely overpowered, but it'd be nice to test it out and see how it works.

Giving the Warrior the Combat tree is a pretty nice addition as it kind of goes hand and hand with Combat, but thus, I'd make a custom Fury tree, adding some of the Combat talents to it, and removing some of the worthless talents. There's still plenty of Warriors including myself, that do enjoy playing Arms.

Rogue

Rogue's in my opinion are meant to be very stealthy and deadly at the same time. I do kind of like the new idea of them being a "sniper" so to say, but if that's the case I'd also allow them to tame pets, and make them stealth with the Rogue (I know some pets already do Stealth in PvP). I feel this would be much nicer and way worse than just a "Sniper". Think about it, you're sitting there farming, minding your own business.... BAM! Random pet is attacking you, then all of a sudden the Rogue is shooting you and ripping you a new one.

I feel it'd be a nice little addition to the class.

Druid

So far, the Druid changes are looking nice, as far as the Forms go, considering they already can do pretty much everything. Just off the top of my head, something that would be quite strange for a Druid but may work out well, is giving them more of a Melee tree that does NOT involve being in a specific form. I feel it'd be a thing to see, a Druid using 2 1H's or a 2H. Never know what might happen, getting your ass handed to you while moonfire spammed? Might be something to see, and quite funny.

Mage

The Mage changes are looking pretty nice, I know Ele Shammy's can be a bit of a hassle, mix that with a Mage and oh boy.... What I'd like to see is a mage with a bit more Dots, which I feel is something they really lack over burst. Mages already have plenty of things they can use for lots of burst, but dots? That'd be something different.

Warlock

Shadow Form, this is looking like a very nice addition to the Warlock! INSANE DOTS INC! I mean really, think about it, that'd be an enormous amount of dots included with Shadow Form, oh boy. It's certainly something I wouldn't want to encounter in a BG.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the changes for Paladins, Priests, Hunters, and Shamans for the time being. This is just my opinion of some things with the 1.0 "patch notes". I have not been able to play on the Server so I can only base this off of what is shown/what I already know of the classes.

Custom Gear

I do like the idea of custom gear, considering the large amount of custom stuff already being done.

Based off of Warriors with Combat, I'd like to see more 1H's that are STR based for them. I feel the weapon specializations would be a bit more useful. Also, removing the Dagger Specialization and adding Axe Specialization would be another worthy addition, providing there are custom STR based 1H's created for the class.

I like the idea of re-doing T3, but I don't know if I'd start there.

Starting with Dungeon Set 1 would be a good place, this way you can get a good basis for what you want the "end game" stats to eventually look like. Slowly increase the stats on each of the sets and test them to see how it works out.

One thing I'd like to see is additional Dungeon Sets for specific spec's. Back in Vanilla there was NOT a tier set really devoted to the DPS Warrior, thus making a bit more difficult to be geared. Making a custom set for them would be a worth addition I feel. Not just Warriors, but I'm using them as an example, I'd implement this for all Spec's.

Also, looking at some of the custom gear that's already made, something just isn't looking correct.

Lets use Righteous Defender in this case.

Righteous Defender
Binds when picked up
Unique
Shield Shield

2954 Armor
512 Block
+245 Strength
+114 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +8 Strength
Durability 200 / 200
Race: Troll, Gnome, Tauren, Undead, Night Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Human
Class: Paladin, Warrior
Requires Level 60
Equip: Increases your defense rating by +138
Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 42.
Equip: Increases attack power by 40.
"You take care of me and I shall protect you."
Item Level: 143
Buy Price: 213 0 0
Sell Price: 132 0 0

What isn't looking correct to me is for one, there is much more STR than STA. This almost never happens with gear. Plenty of Defense Rating, why the low Crit and AP? It's almost like it shouldn't be on there. Here's something to take into consideration.

1 STR = 2. So 245 STR = 490 AP. What's the purpose of the additional AP? Doesn't make much sense with that much STR already on the item. Why sockets? Gems weren't around back in Vanilla unless you intend on implementing a custom JC profession, which would be pretty epic if you ask me.

This isn't the only item I see some incorrect looking stats with, there are others but I wont continue to go on and on about it.

This is just some ideas I've had and some things I don't see correct. Feel free to respond to anything I've stated above! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stianso91
Head GM
Head GM

Character
Username: Head GM Stianso
Faction: Horde Horde
Class: Paladin Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 am

I think it would be nice to have the Ventrilo server, and I'm sure Jb Blaze probably has class changes that hes working on at the moment that he hasn't/doesn't want to reveal to us, if it's like that, then we have a surprise coming our way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:58 am

What i'd like to see on a mage is really is more fire options, because of you think about it, fire mages spam like. 3 or 4 buttons really. I'd really like to see more fire spells, more options with the tree. I'd also like to see fire viable for pvp, giving defenses or some type of ordeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

sopp12 wrote:
What i'd like to see on a mage is really is more fire options, because of you think about it, fire mages spam like. 3 or 4 buttons really. I'd really like to see more fire spells, more options with the tree. I'd also like to see fire viable for pvp, giving defenses or some type of ordeal.

Well when it comes to Retail, fire is quite viable for PvP and it's finally a bit more tricky. Yeah...FINALLY. I can agree with you on that one though, Sopp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes but thats retail wotlk, i think in cata fire mages are comming to the pvp stage. But still, in the 2.0 stage, fire mages really werent good in pvp, maybe pom pyro. But thats a pure nub spec. I really just wanna see more options. Instead of choosing, OH I GET BLASTWAVE AND IGNITE, I NUKE YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:28 pm

sopp12 wrote:
Yes but thats retail wotlk, i think in cata fire mages are comming to the pvp stage. But still, in the 2.0 stage, fire mages really werent good in pvp, maybe pom pyro. But thats a pure nub spec. I really just wanna see more options. Instead of choosing, OH I GET BLASTWAVE AND IGNITE, I NUKE YOU.

Playing a S8 Rival Full Wrathful Warrior, the only classes I had trouble with was SPriests and Fire Mages. They were a hassle. Stuns really play a big role.

Also, please don't forget to vote on the Poll at the top of the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeah in wotlk fire mages took a decent role. But this is 2.0 with class revamps. Like for instance, it wouldnt be so bad for a mage to have a fire elemental or something. Like a frost does. Its something id like to see. Maybe make fire have some sort of instant aoe, instead of having to move, making a mage have a molten shield. All these idea's just pop to mind when you think of a custom 2.0 server on a mage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 pm

sopp12 wrote:
Yeah in wotlk fire mages took a decent role. But this is 2.0 with class revamps. Like for instance, it wouldnt be so bad for a mage to have a fire elemental or something. Like a frost does. Its something id like to see. Maybe make fire have some sort of instant aoe, instead of having to move, making a mage have a molten shield. All these idea's just pop to mind when you think of a custom 2.0 server on a mage.

Unfortunately I didn't play much in Vanilla, not endgame at least. I'm currently on some other 1.12.1 servers to get the experience of it. Then I'll be able to provide a bit more information about it. I played a bit in TBC and mainly in WoTLK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb Blaze
Owner! :)

Character
Username: Jbblaze
Class: Mage Mage
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Stianso91 wrote:
I think it would be nice to have the Ventrilo server, and I'm sure Jb Blaze probably has class changes that hes working on at the moment that he hasn't/doesn't want to reveal to us, if it's like that, then we have a surprise coming our way.
This is true- and I plan to go more in depth with this as we crawl towards 2.0.

Class balancing is definatly something im aiming for. I do know basics of every class- but of course just as Blizzard has their class balancing problems, I will too. Diffrence is, is that i am here and 5 minutes away from fixing/changing anything you guys need. So as you test out your favorite class on the server, tell me what you feel the class needs. When i added the new trees I wanted to create a fresh spin on every class.

This being said, of course I will make balances to orginal trees and spells. Theirs no way Blizzard had it perfect- but hey, I got time, I should get there eventually Razz

By the way, I have huge plans for shaman and paladin. Their probably going to be the coolest of classes when im done with them Smile

Priests Ill need some ideas on though...

Directly to IceCold; When Im working on redoing and fixing some of the classes, Ill defintly use these suggestions as a base for when I redo things. Nothing is ever written in stone! Smile

The hours here are the hours spent on World of Blaze by the way Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldofblaze.forumotions.net
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Jb Blaze wrote:
Stianso91 wrote:

Class balancing is definatly something im aiming for. I do know basics of every class- but of course just as Blizzard has their class balancing problems, I will too. Diffrence is, is that i am here and 5 minutes away from fixing/changing anything you guys need. So as you test out your favorite class on the server, tell me what you feel the class needs. When i added the new trees I wanted to create a fresh spin on every class.

This being said, of course I will make balances to orginal trees and spells. Theirs no way Blizzard had it perfect- but hey, I got time, I should get there eventually Razz

By the way, I have huge plans for shaman and paladin. Their probably going to be the coolest of classes when im done with them Smile

Directly to IceCold; When Im working on redoing and fixing some of the classes, Ill defintly use these suggestions as a base for when I redo things. Nothing is ever written in stone! Smile

I'd really like to get some testing in but I haven't been able to make an account. This way I can make some more accurate suggestions as far as what has already been implemented. I will purchase a Ventrilo tonight and post the info. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Jb Blaze wrote:
Stianso91 wrote:

I could give you lots of suggestions toward the fire mage <3, i've been playing mages since vanilla alpha. Im not trying to make them OP but, somewhat more viable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm

sopp12 wrote:
I could give you lots of suggestions toward the fire mage <3, i've been playing mages since vanilla alpha. Im not trying to make them OP but, somewhat more viable.

Sounds good, I do play a Fire Mage on Retail right now, but that's not entirely viable for Vanilla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb Blaze

Character
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 pm

sopp12 wrote:

Weird my main in vanilla was also a mage haha.

But yeah, in general casters are going to be more mana viable. If you check out the casters update in the update section, they get a handy autocast spell witch will defintly help with mana and PvP.

Since I want this to be a strongly based PvE server, mana for all casters needs to be much more resourceful i noticed. As I mage/priest in vanilla I remember the horror of running out of mana 50% through boss fights, and having to waste a ton of money on mana pots for raids.

Thats just one small thing, I got a lot of ideas to make classes more simple, without making them boring.

Back to top Go down
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Jb Blaze wrote:
sopp12 wrote:

But yeah, in general casters are going to be more mana viable. If you check out the casters update in the update section, they get a handy autocast spell witch will defintly help with mana and PvP.

Since I want this to be a strongly based PvE server, mana for all casters needs to be much more resourceful i noticed. As I mage/priest in vanilla I remember the horror of running out of mana 50% through boss fights, and having to waste a ton of money on mana pots for raids.

Thats just one small thing, I got a lot of ideas to make classes more simple, without making them boring.

This is all sounding really good. Blaze, can you go on MSN or XFire?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb Blaze

Character
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Just sent ya a PM, Ill be on tommorow.

Sorry Ive taken so long to IM you haha.

Back to top Go down
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Jb Blaze wrote:
sopp12 wrote:

My main focus to help you on is the fire spec really, because all a fire mage in vanilla or bc did was spam 1 button, i think there should be alot more strategy put into it then just that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 pm

sopp12 wrote:
Jb Blaze wrote:
sopp12 wrote:

My main focus to help you on is the fire spec really, because all a fire mage in vanilla or bc did was spam 1 button, i think there should be alot more strategy put into it then just that.

Maybe implementing something along the lines of Hotstreak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Thats not exactly what i had in mind, because if you think about it, back then crit wasnt really big on mages unless you stacked it, and we all dont want mages stacking crit to be some op fucking monster, i was thinking of putting fireball on a cd, and making them do a rotation with something else. Maybe make fireball a 7 sec cd, and spam something else, making it more viable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 pm

sopp12 wrote:
Thats not exactly what i had in mind, because if you think about it, back then crit wasnt really big on mages unless you stacked it, and we all dont want mages stacking crit to be some op fucking monster, i was thinking of putting fireball on a cd, and making them do a rotation with something else. Maybe make fireball a 7 sec cd, and spam something else, making it more viable.

Hmm, I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Maybe giving them a completely new spell would be more worth it instead of adding CD's where I don't think they'd be needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:45 am

IceCold wrote:
sopp12 wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure that would be a good idea. Maybe giving them a completely new spell would be more worth it instead of adding CD's where I don't think they'd be needed.

I dont think thats a very good idea because we would be making the same mistake blizz did, we need something for fire mages to look upon besides ignite crits. Because back then frost was the dominate spec (prebc anyways), and if fire, you really dont have a variety of options looking into a strategy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jb Blaze

Character
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 am

sopp12 wrote:

I dont think thats a very good idea because we would be making the same mistake blizz did, we need something for fire mages to look upon besides ignite crits. Because back then frost was the dominate spec (prebc anyways), and if fire, you really dont have a variety of options looking into a strategy

You both have valid points. Mages are a caster and well casters rely on the abilities much more then a lot of the other class to do damage.
I will play with both of your ideas. Adding a whole new fastercast fire spell is defintly an option, and your right, I do want players to have the option of fire or frost for PvE instead of being forced to one because its better.

I agree the fireball spell isnt used much due to its long casting time. The spells cast time can be lowered, or remember, I can change the talent trees. Maybe Ill revamp the tree to be more of a pew pew spec. Add some lowering cast times options and stuff.

I like the discussion here! Once you guys are testing stuff, feel free to post in the class catagory!

Back to top Go down
sopp12
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 am

Kk JB blaze, im gonna start throwing around class idea's, i mean a full explanation as well. So ima try to come up with something for everything. Gimme a few days. Because at this current state, we arent getting anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCold
Corporal
Corporal

Character
Username:
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm

sopp12 wrote:
Kk JB blaze, im gonna start throwing around class idea's, i mean a full explanation as well. So ima try to come up with something for everything. Gimme a few days. Because at this current state, we arent getting anywhere.

Sopp, we're still working to get everything up and going as far as a test server is concerned. I felt it was necessary to pull the server offline, and bring up and test server for the time being while we work on some other things.

BlazeWoW isn't ready for a full release, and may not be for some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
<GM> Kalopae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Character
Username: Scorpion
Class: Hunter Hunter
PostSubject: Re: Some new things/ideas...   Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:28 pm

FTW
Back to top Go down